It is currently Sun Dec 15, 2019 5:56 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 2:23 pm 

You'll need a fair few points to match the Bauhaus with Rangers... I'd suggest Stalkers for some deployment flexibility, a Necrobeast or two, and some Necromutants. That said, if you're planning to go for the 'unstoppable horde' approach, buy another starter and a Nepharite!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 4:32 pm 

Quote:
You'll need a fair few points to match the Bauhaus with Rangers... I'd suggest Stalkers for some deployment flexibility, a Necrobeast or two, and some Necromutants. That said, if you're planning to go for the 'unstoppable horde' approach, buy another starter and a Nepharite!

Thanks for the input. I was actually thinking about another starter and a Nepharite. The unstoppable horde aspect appeals to me. Would you say that the armies will be evenly matched then?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 7:19 pm 

I would also suggest a second starter, with some necromutants and Golgotha. She boosts their speed and has some awesome abilities. Best WL for the cost. And now that they are 24", max out your valcheck hmgs.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 2:27 pm 

So a starter set of Bauhaus with one squad of Venusian rangers, equipped with typical weapons upgrades (ARG-17 per squad) and doctrines (Targeting Flare, Steady Aim, Special weapons training), you're looking at 700-ish points.

Compare that to a horde army of two full starter sets (4 squads of 6 Legionnaires with Necromutant leader upgrade, 1 Valcheck each and two Razides), and a Psychic Nepharite Warlord with +1W, +2WP and three good Dark Symmetry powers, and that's about the same.

Of course, other squads may change how you play it. Going for a light vehicle/monster slot can really alter your game plan... a Behemoth, for example, is a great bullet magnet and quite tough. Necromutants will give you speed, firepower and flexibility. Stalkers will put fear into your opponent from the first time you RD behind their vehicles with Hindenberg Incinerators.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 1:06 am 

So I went on and bought another dark legion starter box and Alakhai ascendant because that model looks awesome.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 2:47 pm 

sounds fun. Just remember that Super-Alakhai isn't a tournament model due to his power rating, but you could always play the model as a Nepharite.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 11:29 pm 

Or as just regular Alakai ;-)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 2:53 pm 

ADG_Wraith wrote:
sounds fun. Just remember that Super-Alakhai isn't a tournament model due to his power rating, but you could always play the model as a Nepharite.

I don't think I'll be playing in any tournaments as I'm the only one I know that owns any Warzone armies around where I live as far as I know. The reason I bought two armies was so that I could play with friends. I bought Super-Alakhai because I really liked the model. I'm planning to use him as any kind of Nepharite and will mostly be using him as a custom warlord I think.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:15 am 

Hi everybody. I'm just starting a Dark Legion Army. After the Starter & Nepharite I bought Necromutants and a blister of Nasca Razides and I'm looking for ranged Pretorian Stakers and 2 necrobeasts. I think another 3x Nasca Razides are ok to reach 1000 pts (damn they are awesome).
I also love the Behemoth model but do you think it is good? He's a beast but I'm scared of WP 10: I play Mishima and I usually field 2/3 squads with Path of Lava Ki power, a power capable to wipe out this monster quickly....