It is currently Tue Dec 10, 2019 3:32 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Some Mishima Questions
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2016 2:39 pm 

Hi,

my first Post.... first of all, great Work.... playing Warzone since 1996, all Edtitions and this is in my opinion the best Warzone Edtition by far.... thx for that.... so now my Questions

1: Ebon Guard: in the new Edition there´s nothing said about Troop or Support.... they are surely troop, aren´t they :D

2: Shiryo X: Does Ghostfire requires LOS when you place it up to 30 Inch ?

3: Shiryo X: Void Flutter.... for his first Action he may teleport up to 10 Inch.... it counts as run action.... does it require 1 or 2 Actions... in my opinion it´s 1 Action, but we got Discussions therefore....

4: Psychic Warlord: missing a Psychic Warlord, or can i play Psychic without Warlord ?

5: Way of Enlightment: you can shoot without LOS but with -2 to RS; does it mean that all over cover is ignored or how I have to imagine that ?

6: Captain Hiroko Sniper: if he shoots someone who has only 1 Piece of Cover, but he has for example Camouflage 3; does Camouflage still counts because the cover is ignored ?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 1:19 pm 

1. Yep, there's nothing saying that Ebon Guard change type. You only get one squad, and they have to be exactly 6 models, but they're troops.

2. There is nothing in the rules saying that placing a token has to be within LOS.

3. A run action is 2AP. If it counts as a Run action, it costs 2AP. This is the same as many other 'counts as a run action' things, like Golgotha's movement and Power Blink.

4. You can make a Psychic Warlord using the Heroes of the Solar System to create a custom Warlord (either the section in the book to create a generic WL or the supplement version that gives you the ability to make WLs based on troop types).

5. The targeted models cannot calculate what cover is in the way without LOS (as the player can't see what's in the way without seeing through the LOS-blocking terrain), so I'd say that other cover does not count (although camouflage can still work if the target is claiming cover).

6. Sniper is one of the only occasions where camouflage doesn't work when cover isn't modifying RS. The key wording here is that "Models with the Sniper Special Skill can ignore the closest single piece of Cover (to the model making a Ranged Attack) when making a Ranged Attack." Emphasis on the ignore. They ignore the cover entirely instead of ignoring cover modifiers, unlike abilities like the Razide's Unstoppable special skill. Where the cover modifiers are ignored but the cover itself isn't, the target can claim camouflage still.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 1:53 pm 

I disagree with Wraith's answers for questions 5 and 6.

ad 5 - Look at Necrovisual Link symmetry power for comparison. It says that you ignore both cover modifiers and LoS. One doesn't include the other. A contrario - if another special rule tells you to ignore only LoS you still have to apply cover modifiers and calculate them somehow.

ad 6

Quote:
If the shooting Model is inside or within 1” of a piece of Cover it does not suffer the Cover Modifier to shoot through or over the Cover. This is referred to as Claiming Cover.

As I read it the rule is written in such a way that it can't really be ignored sniper rule. Sniper allows you to ignore cover modifiers but the target still can claim cover so camouflage will still apply.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 4:43 pm 

I'm inclined to agree with ADG_Wraith on this. Otherwise you get too many weird rules effects. How many pieces of cover can you then shoot through? the normal 3 max (before needing a lucky shot)? Would a model shooting through a LOS blocking wall, through a forest, through a window and lastly behind a wall (more than 3 pieces of cover) need a lucky shot? Since the wall blocks LOS to all the other terrain pieces you would ignore them for cover purposes (like if a model was behind 4 low walls all of the same height).

better and easier, and just as reasonable to assume it to say ignores LOS and Cover

Assur wrote:
ad 6

Quote:
If the shooting Model is inside or within 1” of a piece of Cover it does not suffer the Cover Modifier to shoot through or over the Cover. This is referred to as Claiming Cover.

As I read it the rule is written in such a way that it can't really be ignored sniper rule. Sniper allows you to ignore cover modifiers but the target still can claim cover so camouflage will still apply.

claiming cover is something the Shooting model does. So not relevant here.

I'm with ADG_Wraith the Sniper special skill does specifically state it ignores the (closest terrain piece)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:09 am 

Bagomba wrote:
Hi,

my first Post.... first of all, great Work.... playing Warzone since 1996, all Edtitions and this is in my opinion the best Warzone Edtition by far.... thx for that.... so now my Questions

1: Ebon Guard: in the new Edition there´s nothing said about Troop or Support.... they are surely troop, aren´t they :D

2: Shiryo X: Does Ghostfire requires LOS when you place it up to 30 Inch ?

3: Shiryo X: Void Flutter.... for his first Action he may teleport up to 10 Inch.... it counts as run action.... does it require 1 or 2 Actions... in my opinion it´s 1 Action, but we got Discussions therefore....

4: Psychic Warlord: missing a Psychic Warlord, or can i play Psychic without Warlord ?

5: Way of Enlightment: you can shoot without LOS but with -2 to RS; does it mean that all over cover is ignored or how I have to imagine that ?

6: Captain Hiroko Sniper: if he shoots someone who has only 1 Piece of Cover, but he has for example Camouflage 3; does Camouflage still counts because the cover is ignored ?

a.d. 1. Yes, they are Troops.

a.d. 2. I would say no. It is a range attack replacement effect but it is not RS based attack so I would say: No LOS is needed.

a.d. 3. 2AP - his first Action must be a Run Action (which cost 2 AP). This special Run Action differs from regular Run Action in a way described in the rules.

a.d. 4. What do You ask about exactly? When You have a dead Psychic Warlord You still can cast Ki.

a.d. 5. You ignore cover modifiers but not number of cover pieces limitation. You can not shoot through 4 covers but You get no negative modifiers to RS. I would also say that Camouflage does NOT work.

a.d. 6.
No as Camouflage requires model to claim cover and sniper ignores that cover. No cover, no camouflage. To claim cover means to get a negative to hit modifier to opponent's RS when being shoot at.

Quote:
Using and Claiming Cover
Add:
If the Model is targeted by a Ranged Attack and
is more than 1” away from intervening Terrain
Piece/Cover it counts as Claiming Cover Modifiers
for every intervening Terrain Piece/Cover
(Model is not physically located wtihin any terrain
and is not Claiming Cover but Claims Cover
Modifiers for all intervening terrain pieces/
models).

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 12:38 pm 

MiSiO, I think his question in number 4 was about there being no Psychic WL in the Mishima book. Hence my answer about HOTSS.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 10:28 am 

Thank you Guys....

this helps a lot