It is currently Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:31 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 162 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:39 am 

http://www.beastsofwar.com/the-weekende ... taskforce/

Skip to about the 58 minute bit.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 8:13 pm 

whampiri wrote:
http://www.beastsofwar.com/the-weekender/prodos-casts-and-firestorm-taskforce/

Thank you, sir, for posting this! I was about to track this down as a follow-up to last night's post, but it appears you've beaten me to the punch!

<Supervillian-esque dramatics, here.> Curses! Foiled again by someone with a different schedule form my own! :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 8:20 am 

I don't carthey say in interviews. I only believe them when I have the box in my hands.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 2:42 pm 

Gendasi wrote:
whampiri wrote:
http://www.beastsofwar.com/the-weekender/prodos-casts-and-firestorm-taskforce/

Thank you, sir, for posting this! I was about to track this down as a follow-up to last night's post, but it appears you've beaten me to the punch!

<Supervillian-esque dramatics, here.> Curses! Foiled again by someone with a different schedule form my own! :lol:

I understand and appreciate the concerns he brings up in that video, but how hard would it have been to be a little more transparent about the process? Design, approval, and manufacturing delays are common, and I know that Secret Weapon had to start selling their terrain tiles at retail because they'd undercosted the Kickstarter and needed the cash for operating funds. I wasn't happy that that's how it went, but at least they _told_ everyone every time there was a delay, and in what wave their stuff was going to get shipped, and approximately when that wave would be. That simply hasn't happened here, and Prodos let it fester long enough that now no amount of explaining is going to get them out of hot water, so they're just ignoring all of us until they can ship stuff out. That's kinda shitty.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 9:05 am 

Folks,

Thanks for putting that link up for the video. It helps in some ways, but one thing that worries me is a comment Jarek makes that all backers have received their boxed games now and its just the extras to come in the next wave. WTF!!!!!!

I pledged 125 then added in extras for around 180-odd pounds, almost 2yrs ago. I am yet to receive a single bloody thing! I think he needs to sort this bloody mess out! There's gamers here in Australia who have received their pledges/boxsets etc, who are now selling them for whatever reason. Yet, here I am, with not a single bloody thing to show for my $400+ outlay to support these guys & help them, along with all of you other backers, get their dream up and running. Plus I dare say, putting a wage in their pocket from it too!

Not happy folks, not happy at all! :cry: :evil: :evil: :evil:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 9:38 am 

Yeah there's still plenty of Kickstarters backers who have yet to have received anything, which I'm sure Jarek is aware of since he was there when they ran out of boxed games for the backers who turned up at Salute to pick up their pledges in person.

In fact another UK backer just posted over on the Dakka forums that he was worried about ever getting any of his pledge since he'd soon be moving home. Can't blame him either - I'm certainly not aware of any reliable route of communication to Prodos.

What most sickened me about that "interview" (advertisement) on Beasts of War was all of the user comments fawning over Prodos as if they'd done no wrong. What a f*cking whitewash.

Jarek sure has a bright future ahead of him as a politician!

Still waiting for ANY of my pledge, Prodos. Kinda doubtful I'll be getting it by "Alien Day" (April 26th) - mebbe next year, eh? :evil:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 9:03 pm 

paintmiester wrote:
Folks,

Thanks for putting that link up for the video. It helps in some ways, but one thing that worries me is a comment Jarek makes that all backers have received their boxed games now and its just the extras to come in the next wave. WTF!!!!!!

I pledged 125 then added in extras for around 180-odd pounds, almost 2yrs ago. I am yet to receive a single bloody thing! I think he needs to sort this bloody mess out! There's gamers here in Australia who have received their pledges/boxsets etc, who are now selling them for whatever reason. Yet, here I am, with not a single bloody thing to show for my $400+ outlay to support these guys & help them, along with all of you other backers, get their dream up and running. Plus I dare say, putting a wage in their pocket from it too!

As said earlier, I'm in NZ haven't either. It is fine just patience is in order and getting angry will just piss people off at the back end. Also........not even 200quid? hahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa"tears" Yeah I was in for around 1k I've got about 300 models on the way...would love something to work on. Also their dream isn't up and running, the shipping and all the other delays would have been massively costly. It's all about perspective and you can see jarek crumble when this comes up. He and the rest of the team seem to really hurt at how this KS is bleeding the company. The dream is struggling, but by no way is it up and running. Not the way Prodos intended.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:39 am 

Tex wrote:
paintmiester wrote:
Folks,

As said earlier, I'm in NZ haven't either. It is fine just patience is in order and getting angry will just piss people off at the back end. Also........not even 200quid? hahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa"tears" Yeah I was in for around 1k I've got about 300 models on the way...would love something to work on. Also their dream isn't up and running, the shipping and all the other delays would have been massively costly. It's all about perspective and you can see jarek crumble when this comes up. He and the rest of the team seem to really hurt at how this KS is bleeding the company. The dream is struggling, but by no way is it up and running. Not the way Prodos intended.

"I was in for around 1K.......I've got about 300 models on the way" Hahahahahahahaha {sorry no tears here} Good on ya Champ - SA!!!
Wow, didn't realise it was an appendage measuring contest! Couldn't give a flying #@** as to how much you've invested.

There are those who don't have the liquid income to frivolously throw at our hobbies - "I'm in for 1K". Have you heard of things like, oh for example the cost of living? So, instead of being self absessed, consideration for those who have put their hard earned dollars towards helping Prodos and being kept in the dark, not informed, waiting years etc, would be appropriate one would think.

As for "their dream isn`t up and running", Champ, there are actual figures on shelves for sale, the full boxed game sent out and sold, extras sold, revenue coming in from sales, etc, etc. Don't know about your understanding of that, but to my way of thinking that is pretty damm fair indication that Prodos' dream is up and running! Besides which, I'm fairly certain I didn`t say "their dream is a successful venture"; did I?

Additionally, Jarek has admitted on video interviews that they bit off more than they could chew and didn't expect the depth of problems they have faced with Fox Studios. So who's fault is that? Certainly not the backers Champ!

I don't doubt the issue over freight, approval, costs caused by delays! Again, not the problem of the backers.

Granted the project isnt working out how they thought it would, but who's issue is that? Again, not the backers Champ.

I agree that patience helps in this situation, but come on - 2yrs! Really! If Jarek & the crew "crumble" at how things are going, then that's an aspect of the business venture they got themselves into. The backers 'bought into' this business venture in good faith. Trusting to what Prodos put up in print way back then. What you seem to miss is the common point of the grievances of the backers - poor communication and distrust of backer understanding and support!

Now, before you throw on your keyboard commando suit, I acknowledge that not every single backer of this project would be understanding. But Prodos put this project out there in the global space seeking the support of folks to finance their dream. So have the decency to acknowledge their backers, trust them to understand and reinforce the support potential from us all.

Prodos doesn't tell us about an issue which is going to impact on meeting delivery targets, because they didn't want to alarm backers and they thought they could resolve it before it became an issue! Well guess what, it was an issue nonetheless and they should have trusted that whilst the majority of the backers would be upset, most would at least understand. As soon as Prodos started keeping backers in the dark and not entrusting to their backers, they created another problem - dwindling support and loyalty. This point alone has been the root cause of the angst shown in these forums and elsewhere.

Oh, by the way, for your edification, my use of the word champ is not as intended by the definition in the Oxford dictionary!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:55 am 

to the top brass at Prodos

this is the depth of feeling and issues the non arrival of products paid for is now causing.

you must do something to placate this, and urgently, as the people still without all / some of their pledge are now getting seriously angry, mostly at you, but with others in the same boat as themselves.

these are your current and potential customers and it does not bode well for Prodos on that score if this continues.

i appreciate that selling new models brings in profits you can use to sort the AvP KS issues, BUT.... ALL the money you should have needed and then some was handed over to you in ADVANCE and KS backers should not now be reliant on you selling more of other stuff inc. retail version of the game that they don't have themselves to get their stuff to them.

also, to sell new models means money invested in tooling, sculpture, production etc. when this money could have been used to get more KS games to those that paid for them already

the taste in the mouths of people who have not had what they paid you for is getting more bitter by the hour / day

please sort it before it becomes totally unpallateable

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:58 am 

Wow that was really uncalled for, Paintmeister - seems like you're taking out your frustrations on the wrong person there. No need to start biting at eachother.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 162 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next