It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:04 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Capital's Units
PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:52 pm 

In the original Mutant Chronicles, then on to Warzone 1st and 2nd Edition I always played Bauhaus. As I am not exactly thrilled by any of the renders I have seen (yes i know they are WiP), I am waiting for Capitol to be unlocked and see what they look like before pledging. So this led me to thinking what I would like to see them release, and why i would like to see them.

I imagine the core troops will still be Capitol Infantry, though i suspect it will not be heavy or light...just infantry. Again a total guess. I am fine with this, though i hope they have the sweet looking rifles from the original game systems...or something close to them.

So what would i like to see as the first additions? Well I suspect the Free Marines. I will be very interested to see how they treat them. Free Marines we convicts and more or less a whole "Dirty Dozen" unit. Big firepower, low armor, and stealthy nature works for me.

I would also like to see the Airbourne Rangers return. Assuming they treat them similar to their older counter-parts, these are strike (deep strike) where you need them heavy weapons teams. I liked the older look, so maybe that is why I would like to see them.

Finally the Martian Banshees. I suspect we won't be seeing them right away due to the jet packs, but then again maybe there are already rules for things like that. I think the Banshees are the most iconic Capitol Unit after the Free Marines, so i would like to see them sooner than later.

I loved the Desert Scorpions as well but I am not sure who they would fit in. They were covert if I recall, but I think i just liked their look more than the rules. :)

Our heavy would have to be the Orca or Sharks, so I am kind of hoping they come up with something new. I am looking forward to seeing Capitol though, but i am curious what others would like to see?

Post subject: Re: Capital's Units
PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:19 pm 

You've forgotten Sea Lions which I think was the coolest Capitol unit. Hardened bastards inspired by NAVY Seals. They should be second unit after infantry.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:25 pm 

I didn't forget them or the Sunset Strikers, I just didn't care for them either way. I think for the Lions it was the name and the baby blue armor :)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:34 pm 

Real Capitol fan wouldn't be writing such thing. :)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:46 pm 

pak0 wrote:
Real Capitol fan wouldn't be writing such thing. :)

You are correct and i am humbled. :cry:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:19 pm 

So much I'd like to see for Capitol, as they were always my primary army!

I do hope we see the light infantry return or at least the Campaign hats they wear, cause I love those! I hope we get a new helmet design for helmeted infantry, the 2nd ed helmet was better than the straight football helmet from 1st ed, but still needs some work to be viable.

Capitols, iconic squared shoulder pauldrons must make a return or I will be a sad panda. They can be smaller, but must retain the original flavor.

I'm dieing to see what the guys at Prodos do with the Great Grey, I love the concept of an HMG strapped to the bottom of a "jet bike!"

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:32 pm 

I hope Sergeant Carter returns. I always loved his fluff, and frankly always thought he was more badass than Mitch.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:35 pm 

LOL, no way Mitch is the Chuck Norris of the Mutant Chronicles Warzone universe! :P

I hope all the characters make a return in time!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:47 pm 

Sea Lions would be kool to see.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:01 am 

I'd like to see the light infantry as the basic troopers. Sealions where a favorite of mine, so I'd like to see them. I'd like to see the second edition Martian Banshees with the first edition helmets. The Orca would seam to be a natural fit or the monster model, but I'd prefer a more rounded Vulcan style than the old "eggs on legs" style. Those units really say Capitol to me, as a long time Capitol player. And if there is even a hint of those awful football helmets I will weep tears of blood.

JP