It is currently Thu Aug 13, 2020 6:50 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:05 am 

Quote:
That said, this mini reminds me of the Templars on Dark Eden. Not sure exactly why, but it does not look Legion to me.

You read my mind exactly.
The head is a too human one, and its style looks like the one of the templar on the cover of Dark Eden Sourcebook. It need to be more corrupt an dtwisted to llok like an servant of algeroth.
The sword too: look at old templar models: it's almost the same. Otherwise the model is fine but those two details need a rework I think.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:14 am 

Many people are complaining about the heads, but have you actually seen the alternative variants?
http://www.warzonegame.com/product/49/n ... rider.html

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:23 am 

That much better :) I like the second one with mask.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:31 am 

seven wrote:
Many people are complaining about the heads, but have you actually seen the alternative variants?
http://www.warzonegame.com/product/49/n ... rider.html

I have and my problem is with the alternative beast head (aside from the eye cover things on the regular head). if you weren't talking about me or any of the others who didn't like the beast head in this topic (because we were all talking about the alt head) then please disregard this post.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:10 am 

PanzerPhilou wrote:
Quote:
That said, this mini reminds me of the Templars on Dark Eden. Not sure exactly why, but it does not look Legion to me.

You read my mind exactly.
The head is a too human one, and its style looks like the one of the templar on the cover of Dark Eden Sourcebook. It need to be more corrupt an dtwisted to llok like an servant of algeroth.
The sword too: look at old templar models: it's almost the same. Otherwise the model is fine but those two details need a rework I think.

That's a skalak they've always looked like that, they have always been the weapon of dark legion centurions.

And this comes from the algeroth book which predates Dark eden by several years (three).

as for the head if the head its just one of three. the other are more dark legion.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:52 am 

Honestly, really not a fan of these. I think the concept just doesn't fit in with the Dark Legion. Cool stuff for Chronopia or Celtos, but not for the DL IMO.
I'd rather had Prodos made models for the Nafai ("The Nafai are flying creatures consisting of not much more then a balloon-like body, about two foot in diameter, with large jaws. They often accompany the Screaming Legions in enormous numbers, attacking in packs. Their screams can be deafening and the horror of their noise and teeth is often used by the Nepharites as a distraction. Recently an even more aggressive type of Nafai has been encountered and rumors say that these have been bred by the Tekrons of Algeroth as pets and hunting beasts.").

So nope, won't buy them for my Dark Legion...but I guess there will more than enough Dark Legion candy in the future :)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:25 pm 

The Nafai are actually in the second Mutant Chronicles Nafai, I will have to skim read it again for some more info.

I really like the Necrobeasts, they add a new level to DL. :)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:45 pm 

It does answer the question why the dark legion only experiments on humans, which we now know they dont.

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 6:19 am 

@Nafai: Sounds like flying Squigs. Funny, but ... well.. a bit outdated in the age of "realistic" miniatures. If the Mouth is as big as the body is: how are they going to have a digestive system? Or are they demons and dont need to feed?

@Muzzle: Yeah, seems a bit foolish to look for the MEANEST ever looking f***in beast and then put a muzzle over his mouth so that he becomes less dangerous when approaching enemies..

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 4:04 am 

Every time I look at this render I hear the Heavy Metal theme in my head....

Not that there is anything wrong about that. :)

I like it. Makes me reconsider getting Legion as faction #2. Well, that and the fact that Golgotha is probably my favorite hero model.