It is currently Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:23 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 5:08 pm 

I think the new Juggernauts actually look quite a lot like the old Vulcans...

Interesting topic though! I'm sure that Prodos will make the book suitably beautiful. :)

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 6:39 pm 

I like a lot of the older minis they are like old friends I suppose ugly in some ways but you like the character and memory's associated with them and the newer versions up to the latest each has it's own flavour, the newer multi-part resin & plastic figures will make forces much more varied before as it was a pain to convert a lot of the older minis that were metal and were not multi-part usually only 2 or 3 poses per unit guns flat against the chest etc, so the newer versions will give a better overall effect on the table and opening up a whole can of worms for conversion addicts ;)

As regards the artwork I've always enjoyed it from the RPG days/1st Edition onwards the change in the style of uniforms can easily be done by Prodos by setting the universe years later than the Target Games/Excelsior Entertainment time-line so creating a new battlefronts and the ever changing within the Church (Brotherhood) and the Cartels and Corporations maybe the tech has advanced a little more with the successful emergence of the Cybertonic Corporation years ago explaining the newer powered armoured battlesuits. Also newer monsters created by the Dark legion or brought through from other dimensions etc being a lot of new possibilities.

Looking forward to seeing how Prodos have advanced the universe setting.

On another note look how much GWs artwork for Warhammer & WH40k has changed over the years depending on the artist especially with the earlier John Blanche and Ian Miller Artwork (check out their Ratspike art book for reference)

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 9:46 pm 

All in all the new models looks much better than the old. The game can not just sell on nostaliga alone.

Last edited by Trencher on Tue May 14, 2013 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 3:24 am 

semai99 wrote:
As regards the artwork I've always enjoyed it from the RPG days/1st Edition onwards the change in the style of uniforms can easily be done by Prodos by setting the universe years later than the Target Games/Excelsior Entertainment time-line so creating a new battlefronts and the ever changing within the Church (Brotherhood) and the Cartels and Corporations maybe the tech has advanced a little more with the successful emergence of the Cybertonic Corporation years ago explaining the newer powered armoured battlesuits. Also newer monsters created by the Dark legion or brought through from other dimensions etc being a lot of new possibilities.

Looking forward to seeing how Prodos have advanced the universe setting.

I like the idea of that. It would explain some technological advancements that occurred in maybe 10 years. It was stated in RPG and Warzone books that corporations still deal with Cybertronic, slowly getting new technologies implemented in their forces. It is human nature to want to advance and get an edge over the competition, even if it is risky and in the end might lead to more problems with DL. It is just like what we are doing now with natural resources, we know which are the consequences, but we are destroying the planet for the sake of progress or economic development.

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 3:11 pm 

I think that most of you guys are on the same wave length which is nice to see. Snake welcome, I agree with your comments . I`ve said before of my love of Mishima but buying hardly any of the old miniatures . Big Jim and Seven have their pet hate figures I know as we all have. I always loved with a passion the art, and that's where I believe the game shone, however, I don't think that figure design at that time could do art the true feel of being alive. My point in main can be shown with Dark Eden. This was a truly fantastic book of art and story, but the figures never reached the class of the art and some were sadly comical. At last, as time goes by this may be rectified by Prodos then look what we will see guys.
Cheers all.

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 6:36 pm 

Airborne wrote:
My point in main can be shown with Dark Eden. This was a truly fantastic book of art and story, but the figures never reached the class of the art and some were sadly comical. At last, as time goes by this may be rectified by Prodos then look what we will see guys.
Cheers all.

Steady on old chap Heresy I say ;) :shock: what could possibly be wrong with these figures http://www.forum.warzonegame.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=61 :roll: :roll:

I'd love to see now renders & remakes for these, especially having the ability to have more than one pose easily.

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 11:06 pm 

I am a really big fan of the Tribes of Earth, so I am looking forward to their release. :)

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 12:29 am 

rob_alderman wrote:
I am a really big fan of the Tribes of Earth, so I am looking forward to their release. :)

What are you doing on the forum? Shouldn't you be off painting those armored chasseurs so that we can all drool over them? :)

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 7:33 am 

Hahahahahahaha!!!!

That's very true! :P

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 12:02 pm 

Thanks for welcoming me a bord Airborn.

I like the setting that this warzone takes place years after the old warzone and like semai99 and seven said and with that comes new more advanced models and some of the forces names have changed and evolved. I would never have wanted that this new game just copied the old warzone with rules and figures and forces so i really like development and that you can see the origin from the old forces in the new forces as well.

I am very curious of the new Mishima Meka. I hope they make a proper weaponarm this time and not just a lousy shotgun. Look at my modification, this Meka has 2 twin-linked miniguns (from the Mishima deamon hunter figure) and a Ghenna puker in the middle. That Meka packs a punch and has done so everytime we played!

I havent finished the painting on this model yet

Attachments:
File comment: Modified Mishima Meka
SAM_0759.JPG
SAM_0759.JPG [ 237.77 KiB | Viewed 5751 times ]