It is currently Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:20 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:48 pm 

Waiting for the WZR release I was thinking about the heroes and special characters of my faction – Capitol. I decided to make a list of personalities that appeared in the previous editions of Warzone, as well as in the RPG and Doomtrooper card game. If I miss someone, please add him/her to the list.

The well-known classic characters go first on my list.

Mitch Hunter (Doomtrooper/Sea Lion) – no need to introduce. Interesting about the Mitch is that in the card game he was introduced as an Infantry character, in Warzone he was a Sea Lion, although the badge on his shoulder pad featuring a trident was described in RPG as symbol of “Polar Tridents” unit. In the 2nd edition of Warzone next to unit descriptions there were images of symbols of each unit. The symbol of Sea Lions was half shark half lion. Mitch’s profile and rules can be found in the Warzone compendium #1: Dawn of War

Bob Watts (Doomtrooper/Free Marine) – no need to introduce. Rules in Warzone compendium #1: Dawn of War

Jake Kramer (Doomtrooper/Special Operations, Ex Free Marine) – another classic character, most of the images of Jake in the rulebooks come from Golgotha comic book. Rules can be found in the #2 Warzone compendium: Casualties of War

Less known characters

Sergeant Carter – (Capitol hero/Free Marine) – Carter had a longer story in the main rulebook where it is stated that he is a Free Marine. He actually got a miniature (very late though) and rules in the Warzone compendium No 3: Casualties of War. There is only one image of Carter by Terry Oakes (My sig).

Sergeant Anthony Willard Buck (Infantry) – He has served in infantry for 15 years, lost his leg in a battle and now has a bionic one. Had a series of stories under the title of Sergeant Buck’s Battles (Chronicles from the Warzone #4, #8, #10)

Captain Jim “the one” Charles (Hero/infantry) – Featured in Capitol’s Hall of Fame in the Rulebook. He had three short stories in Chronicles from the Warzone #4.

Pam Afton and Lane Chung (Capitol Cartel agents???) – Those two work together. They were featured in the Mutant Chronicles book #1 (do not have the book so if anyone can give more info that would be awesome). They were also in Doomtrooper card game. I believe they have the highest number of images in the rulebook and all Warzone releases (over 30). It is because of the Italian illustrator - Studio Parente that made images to the book, but unfortunately it was published only in Italy.

Chris Jackson (Hero/Sea Lion) – Featured in Doomtrooper card game. Image by Terry Oakes used in the rulebook and other Warzone releases. Interesting is he has a half shark half lion on his shoulder pad, which is the real symbol of Sea Lions.

Captain Philip Morano - Featured in Capitol’s Hall of Fame in the Rulebook

Major Maria del Torres (hero/light infantry) – She is one of the main Capitol’s characters in the 2nd (Mars: Capitol Forces of War. Stats etc found on page 73)/3rd edition of Warzone. Had own stats and miniature.

Major Joe Kowalski (hero/heavy infantry) – 2nd (Mars: Capitol Forces of War. Stats etc found on page 73)/3rd ed. Warzone. Had own stats and miniature

Nathan Randal Parrish (Admiral’s Colby Guard – Fighting Fifth Unit) – 3rd ed. character. Had own stats but no miniature.

General Connor N. Panzer – (hero/Martian Banshee) – 40 years old, the oldest surviving banshee. He once saved president’s life. He wears special set of Cybertronic armor with enhanced flight pack. He carries Capitol Honor Sword. He never got a miniature but has rules and stats in Chronicles from the Warzone #6

I really hope to see all those characters in WZR one day

Last edited by seven on Sun Jan 05, 2014 4:29 pm, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:16 pm 

I wish I could tell you more about Lane CHung and Pam Afton, but the first book is pretty hard to read. The prose is pretty poor, unfortunately.

The third book is the best in the series by far, the second is enjoyable, but the first is just painful to read. I might try a bit harder, take notes on any reference to the two characters.

I will state, though, that is only my opinion!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:18 pm 

the only ones on your list that I can really comment on are Pam and Lane because for me they are the characters I know best, buy you did ask for more info on them.

according to the novels Pam Afton and Lane Chung were Martian Banshees who retired and went freelance. through the course of the novels they have several encounters with the Dark Legion, and even fight along side Mitch Hunter (along with other notable characters) in the third book, but make clear their intention to remain freelance because its easier to get things done without the corporate red tape.

I would actually like to see them in a free lancer role where they can be fielded by any force except Dark Legion.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:20 pm 

I would imagine they will be available in the same manner as any other Cartel units.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:25 pm 

rob_alderman wrote:
I would imagine they will be available in the same manner as any other Cartel units.

I understand you to mean that they would work the same way as the doom troopers, they themselves aren't cartel units.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:35 pm 

thanks for the info guys. Ex banshees sounds cool. I hope that we will see Cartel agents and freelancers in WZR. Lane and Pam and of course Nick Michaels.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:31 pm 

Xaxius wrote:
rob_alderman wrote:

I understand you to mean that they would work the same way as the doom troopers, they themselves aren't cartel units.

Well, then I'm confused! I thought they were Cartel Freelancers.

In any case, I am sure they would count as a single 'Hero' slot, but you would get the pair of them.

I really want to see a Nick Michaels model, I wish he won the vote on the KS! :(

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:44 pm 

Hi all, cheers Seven,
Pam and Lane were Martian Banshees and did two tours together. He was a Captain she a Lieutenant, they left the Banshees after bad orders from the top, becoming the best Freelancers on Luna. They became part of Team Yojimbo, and later were joined by another ex Banshee, ex Doomtrooper, Skippa Hull a former lover of Lane. Pam and Lane became romantically involved whilst on Luna.
Any more my friend please ask.
Good memories Seven those were the stars of Capitol.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:07 am 

I thought Jake Kramer was in the freedeom brigades not free marines. At least in the comic books it says that about 3 times. Isn't there a Maria Del something as well, and another guy in 2nd edition.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:22 am 

madzerker wrote:
I thought Jake Kramer was in the freedeom brigades not free marines. At least in the comic books it says that about 3 times. Isn't there a Maria Del something as well, and another guy in 2nd edition.

He started in the Freedom Brigades, but to avoid the sentence for killing a crime-lord with powerful political connections (self-defense) he joined Free Marines (Golgotha Sourcebook).

I did not mention 2nd en Major Maria del Torres and Major Joe Kowalski. The 2nd ed. messed up a lot of things, so I based my info only on the 1st ed., hoping that WZR will be based on it.