It is currently Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:57 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:34 pm 

I was more talking about art direction than gw's corporate business practices.
and the beatles, monkies, zepplin analogue isn't about being good its about being successful.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:34 pm 

I don't see 40k in what they are doing in the art direction!?! So sorry, that's why I put what I put.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:09 pm 

madzerker wrote:
(I owned multiples of every old warzone model and pledged the 2 of each model in this kickstarter)

There's a good chance I own all your old loot now ;) ;)

madzerker wrote:
but still state what we like and not like because a: it is good for Prodos to see people's opinions and b: this is a forum where people who love the game talk about what they like and dislike ect..

Very true, as long as we are reasonable civil and don't take criticism personally its great for the future growth of the game, lets face it show 10 people the same thing and ask for changes I bet you will almost get 10 different answers of which a few ideas might overlap then times this by the 000's its been hard to please us older players while making the figure newer and much more marketable to a new generation of Warzoners.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:46 pm 

well Mark has stated in every interview that you cant make everyone happy so i think they know not to take it personal.

eisenhorn wrote:
I don't see 40k in what they are doing in the art direction!?! So sorry, that's why I put what I put.

The increased emphasises on power armour? But you're right that in itself isn't a move towards a more 40k art direction, I'm just being paranoid about it because it's one of those things that happen very often that new ventures starting of the ground take a lot of inspiration from the market leader. If you read what i wrote I've never said Prodos is doing that, I've just been saying i'm concerned they might, and want to point out i prefer them being zepplin. =)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:57 pm 

;) go Zepplin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:36 pm 

Well if Prodos must be associated with a classic British band I much prefer them be Dire Straights. Just sayin' ;)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:57 pm 

Hmm maiden more like ;)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:00 am 

I actually edited the original quote, I thought it was black sabbath but then I checked it and it was zepplin.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:03 am 

How very dare you!!!

I think it is the opinion of Prodos that Heavy infantry should be HEAVY. They are going to be awesome in the game, I can assure you of that and I would hope you enjoy the fluff and reasoning behind it. Generally, the old versions of Warzone left things pretty open in regards to armour, except for the Capitol Heavy Infantry, which had a different type of armour to the Light Infantry in the fluff, but lazy sculpting meant that they just had different heads.

Arguably, if you don't like powered armour and would prefer 'lightly armoured heavy infantry', buy the Light Infantry and give them third-party heads.

Hope that settles it somewhat.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:09 am 

Good enough for me Rob, but then I had no problems ;)

Erm care to comment on the UK rock choice?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next