It is currently Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:37 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:02 am 

I definitely want to stick with cooler colors, but I'm not totally set on a particular theme just yet. Got a few ideas bouncing around in my head.

One idea is to go with a light grey and either a dark blue, purple, or green. Any one of those colors works well with grey while still giving it that cold robotic look. Metallics would be a sort of steel or chrome.

Another idea I had was to go with a very dark green (think Dark Angels) as the dominate color and make the metallics bronze for a nice contrast effect. Sure it isn't canon but I think it would look cool.

Regardless of what I go with I'll be using normal skin tones to make them stand out more form the cybernetic sections. Guns will be black to help them stand out from the rest of the model. The Chasseurs will have a lot more metallics used than other models on their cybernetic parts. Since they are the grunts of Cyberntronic I figure it would make sense that they would have more exposed metal in comparison to the more elite forces. That nice colored finish hurts the bottom line after all.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:26 am 

I was just discussing this with Big Jim and Carlson the other day....

I think I'm going to go with a base tone of navy blue, layering up to a "Petty Blue" baby blue highlight.

Metals will be in a blue steeled (albeit slightly oily) metallic, and lighting will be in a contrasting orange OSL.

Flesh tones on Chassuers will be deep toned (befitting their "poster boy" status, but Dianas and Cyril Dent and others will be much more pasty.

I'm hoping to like kit the Eradicators with Powered Play's new quick and simple light kits... but it means not building or painting that one until their kickstarter finishes and ships as well, and that would make me sad, so we'll see. Right now I'm just dying to get my hands on some of these new Warzone figs!

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 1:08 pm 

Well, the idea about painting my Cybertronic army came suddenly the first time I saw the Cuirassier: I will use an Iron Man colour scheme with red, yellow/gold and blue. I think they can look really good with a proper combination of such colours, and it is away from other more "traditional" painting schemes 8-)

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 4:04 pm 

That sounds awesome!!! :o

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 4:56 pm 

Rethought it and I have my final color scheme...and I think it will look awesome on Cybertronic! (on grey urban bases)

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 12:55 pm 

Are those the aliens from Prometheus?

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 1:47 pm 

Aye...they're the 'Space Jockeys'/Engineers/Mala'kak from Alien 1 and Prometheus

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:03 pm 

Is the only canon or "fluffy" paintscheme blue or are there more options? I noticed the Everassur model is painted green and the Cybetronic book has a grey/black Chausser on its cover...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:49 pm 

There is a very nice Imortal painted in a great shade of a red with a orange tint, camo arm shields. French Napoleonic Blue was the old body color, with steel piping, yellow and black lines on moving danger sections.
Cheers all.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:33 pm 

I'm looking to be doing mine in a jungle style like I did the 1st edition models

http://forum.prodosgames.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=335&sid=899d007abb9fd4e9b7edd7734ed3bb69

Just can't wait for the models to arrive...

Last edited by semai99 on Thu Dec 12, 2013 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next