It is currently Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:26 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:08 pm 

I was wondering if anyone could classify in a bit more detail to where this game sits in genre?

Is it a Dungeon Crawler? RPG? Wargame? Etc

Does the Game open itself up for customisation for each factions like for example Predators as a faction being put up against custom House rules prey?

Thanks for elaboration so I can start preparing the right mindset for the game.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:32 am 

From what I gathered during the KS, the table top is at its core a Wargame with some RPG elements.

From a wargame I look for a nice level of depth coupled with flowing gameplay and enough balance in the factions that you could take the game seriously in a tournament environment.... so it's not hard to see why I quit W40K about a year ago :P

It will allow customization via the ability to create your own hero unit, and nothing specifically at this time stops you from making the same faction fight itself, it is said they will all be highly balanced against each other.

Dying for some beta rules, will play some wargame skirmishes subbing in Space marines and Tyranids :P

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:02 pm 

To me the Kickstarter was for a Board game (dungeon crawler if that what you call it), but it is also ment to be a wargame, both of these are to have a Role play aspect to them with the levels to progress your characters

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:23 pm 

I was hopping people thought it was a blend, I love a good board game/RPG but sometimes they drag and I want a good to the death fight.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:18 pm 

sectiplave wrote:
Dying for some beta rules

I agree, want rules asap

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:39 pm 

Coronasan wrote:
sectiplave wrote:
Dying for some beta rules

I agree, want rules asap

+1 i wanna see boardgame and wargame... and my warzone miniatures and other stuff!

Anyway good job prodos

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:02 am 

I seem to remember that there was something about leveling up heroes during game play

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:41 am 

Yeah, it seems to have a lot going for it. I would call it a sci fi dungeon crawler in the vein of Space Hulk with the ability to be expanded into a light RPG (leveling of characters/character creation/narative gameplay) and be expanded into a full wargame with minor changes.

If they keep a balanced gaming mechanic and relatively simple/fun rules... they will have a truely great wargame on their hands. After all, a huge part of the IP is the father of modern military sci fi! Starcraft, Halo, even 40k owe a lot to James Cameron's Aliens.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:57 am 

With the introduction of Predators into any game the general dynamics will be altered radically from a typical war game. With their motivation being to hunt, it would be nice if the player by design or cards was motivated to do exactly that. Chris Peers has some rules out called, Tooth and claw, and Bog a ten, that handle the hunting aspects of animals by cards and dummies.They are worth a look at to take in this new dimention, for instance there are opportunities with the Predators for "Hunt" only games away from the format Aliens /Marines altogether. Stats could be made for Dinos, Exotics, SI/Fi, any thing you wish the only limitation would be your own imagination. The forum could design games, around the Trophy hunt eg- Capture a Brachasaus, live. Of all the AvP game pieces the Predators will give a lot of pure pleasure and great gaming.
Cheers all.