It is currently Wed May 05, 2021 10:56 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Predator Disk
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:43 pm 

"Choose a Target Tile up to two Tiles away; no LOS is required for this Special Action.
Roll 2D20 for every occupied Tile between the Target Tile
and the Tile occupied by the Model using the Smart-Disc
Throw (A) Special Action"

The example then goes on to show that units in the target tile are also rolled for.

I'm guessing the example is correct and models between and in the target tile should be rolled for ?

Thanks.

Post subject: Re: Predator Disk
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:40 am 

Yeah, that's right.
Otherwise it wouldn't make sense to choose a tile two tiles away.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 8:47 pm 

In our games we think the disk is a little OP. So we give them our own Rule:

Choose a Target Tile up to range 2 away. Roll 2D20 for every occupied Tile between the Target Tile and the Tile occupied by the Model using the "Smart Disc Throw" (A) Special Action. Each result of 1-10 deals 1 wound with ST 14 to any Model...

So we give them a ST. an allow the Armor Test (It gains a -4 Modifier by the ST).

Now its a mighty Weapon too, but there is no Overkill for the Models.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:59 pm 

Why not St15 - which is the same as its CC value?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 12:55 am 

-4 or -5 to armour save doesn't make that of a big difference, but you should keep in mind that you roughly halved the performance of the disc against Alien warriors and Marines with this rule.
I think to go down 40 or 45 % with a weapon's performance is is to much of a downgrade. If you develop bad rules you should change them sensibly, not destroy them.

Game balance is a fragile construct. You don't make it better by slamming on it with a hammer. ;)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:52 pm 

Everybody says this game is unbalanced. Because of this AngryJoe video i can not convince anybody to buy this game. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wMgf67VWXQ at the 44 minute mark ONE predator kills FOUR marines on a single activation with spear and shoulder cannon. Everything ends at 50 minute mark.

it pains me, that the rules are so half-baked. It is the same reason why people hate the Elder Scrolls online so much. It is not bad that the rules/gameplay is bad. It is bad, that the holy trademark , our beloved franchise gets such a shoddy treatment.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:40 am 

dorelas wrote:
Everybody says this game is unbalanced. Because of this AngryJoe video i can not convince anybody to buy this game. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wMgf67VWXQ at the 44 minute mark ONE predator kills FOUR marines on a single activation with spear and shoulder cannon. Everything ends at 50 minute mark.

it pains me, that the rules are so half-baked. It is the same reason why people hate the Elder Scrolls online so much. It is not bad that the rules/gameplay is bad. It is bad, that the holy trademark , our beloved franchise gets such a shoddy treatment.

Really people give such credit to angry joe?
I don't want to offend anybody, but really, they are not very smart players, I play every Friday at least one play and I have never seen such clumsy marine decisions. Using sentry and the flamethrowers correctly you shall not have any problem with the aliens, or at least you can stand until the aliens have to deal with the predators.
And as well marines have grenades, so 2 marines can potentially kill a predator in one shoot. The pulse rifle is probably their best weapon.

The funny thing is that for my group the faction that actually has more problems seems to be the aliens. The problem is not with the points cost, It is with the equipment. aliens really become astonishing better just by adding facehuggers and warriors. Even being a lot less numerous.

So just tell your friends not to trust angry joe team, they don't use a ton of rules in the gameplay, they barely know how to play. The game is not that much unbalance once you have play a pair of games.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:26 pm 

yeah , they are pc gamers mostly and are under Totalsbiscuit and Angryjoe papacy. Even i started to be swayed a bit by the masses. Good to know its not all grim!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:32 pm 

dorelas wrote:
yeah , they are pc gamers mostly and are under Totalsbiscuit and Angryjoe papacy. Even i started to be swayed a bit by the masses. Good to know its not all grim!

Dude really I ma rewatching the game anf I am getting really angry (So he is angry harec review of the angry joe video :lol: ), they make a serious rules mistakes, and anyway tactically speaking they simply suck, not just Joe but his friends.

Seriously show your friends the video with a rulebook on your hand, they have forgoten, tactical move, seasoned hunter, medic, ping, hot plasma,grenade, the hole section 5 (actions) of the rulebook. They even don't know the stat of the miniatures, and I can tell you after one game you will remmeber that.

As well they are playing mission 1 of the game and instead of, I don't know try to follow the objectives, the aliens just run like crazy (Clearly what we all do the first time we use the xenos, and we learn the lesson the hard way), the marines split and then stay sit just waiting the 2 predators to blow them. The marines must stay together and must stay alert, as well they have many actions that allow them to take cober, like Weld Ir shut, seal the Bulkhead.

And finally angry joe just lose, because he have no idea(It is his first time after all) and starts complaining and yelling like a 5 years old kid about stats and shizzle.

That is clearly a very bad review of a boardgame, even if you have never play you have to realice there is something wrong.

Anyway the game is not perfectly balance, I can tell you, but is not by far what he is complaining. He is just a bad loser. :x

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 4:05 pm 

Hi there, Predtor disc will be rebalanced in following FAQ/Errata. Wa are working on a full doc. to be released soon, Thanks